CS244b final project presentations
Presentations will be held Thursday, December 11, Gates B-01. Each group will have at most 6 minutes to present and show a demo. The remaining time will be allocated for questions. (We are budgeting an average of 2 minutes of questions per group, but expect there to be some variance.)
4:00pm - People who prefer going early
- Rowan Chakoumakos, Stephen Trusheim. RAFT Monkey: Differential Testing for Raft systems. paper, code.
- Jagadish Venkataraman, Arijit Bannerjee. PartitionPy: Verifying Correctness of Distributed Data Systems using Network Partitions. paper, code.
- Shubam Goel, Karthik Viswanathan. Crowd Control: A Consensus Algorithm for Read dominant Caches. paper, code.
- Jonathan Ellithorpe. Data Analytics on RAM Cloud. paper, code.
- Behnam Montazeri. RAMCloud RPC Performance over 10G Ethernet Fabric. paper, code.
- Jing Pu, Mingyu Gao, Hang Qu. SimpleChubby: a simple distributed lock service. paper, code.
4:49pm - break
5:00pm - Low-level abstractions
- Seo Jin Park. At-most-one Algorithm for Linearizable RPC in Distributed Systems. paper, code.
- Mingwei Tian, Yuchen Li, Gerald Hng. Go-VR. paper, code.
- John Burke, Rasmus Rygaard, Suzanne Stathos. Split-Brain Consensus. paper, code.
- Kshitiz Tripathi. Viewstamped Replication Implementation. paper, code.
- Benson Ma, Bo Han, Kenny Root. NOS-CPP: A Network Object System for C++. paper, code.
- Akshay Agrawal, Robert Gasparyan, Jongho Shin. B-CRAM: A Byzantine Fault Tolerant Challenge Response Authentication Mechanism. paper, code.
5:49pm - break
6:00pm - Key-value stores
- Yen-Ting Liu, Wen-Chien Chen. Trek: Testable Replicated Key-Value Store. paper, code.
- Dmitriy Brezhnev, Yifei Huang, Vikas Yendluri. Arpeggio: Distributed Redis with Consistent Hashing. paper, code.
- Sagar Chordia, Darshan Kapashi. Zeon: A 2-Dimensional Distributed KV Store. paper, code.
6:15pm - Dinner (overlaps with previous talks)
6:29pm - Profiling and performance monitoring
- David Terei: Blade: A Datacenter Garbage Collector. paper, go code, etcd code, mutilate code.
- Tuan Anh Nguyen, Manish Pandey. Dprof - Distributed System Profiling and Tracing. paper, code.
- Henry Qin, Ben Braun. Rich performance Monitoring in RAMCloud with ddtrace. paper, code.
6:58pm - Music
- Clint Riley. Musicnode - Music file and playback sync. paper, RPC server code, MusicNode code.
- Jeff Han, Rush Moody, Kevin Shin. NSync: Fault-Tolerant Synchronized Audio for Raspberry PIs. paper, code.
- Omar Diab, Mark Ulrich, Lawrence Xing. Fun with Chords: A distributed Music Player. paper, code.
7:22pm - break
7:30pm - RAFT
- David Mclaren, Elizabeth Walkup, Patrick Harvey. RAFT System Analysis and Testing Framework. paper, code.
- Connor Gilbert. Flotsam: Evaluating Implementations of RAFT Consensus Algorithm. paper, code.
- Christopher Copeland, Hongxia Zhong. Byzantine Fault Tolerance RAFT. paper, code.
7:54pm - break
8:04pm - Applications
- Behram F.T. Mistree. Towards Transactional Software defined networks.
- Michael Chang. sdcc: Simple Distributed Compilation. paper, code.
- Kai Sheng Tai, Shawn Xu. Distributed Training of Neural Network Language Models. paper, code.
- Omid Mashayekhi. Fault Tolerant Runtime system For Distributed Graphical Simulations with a Centralized Controller in the Cloud. paper, code.
- Leo Martel, Susan Tu, Andy Moreland. Lila: A Cheating Resistant Distributed Game Engine. paper, code.
- Shihui Song. Survey on Scalable Failure Detectors. paper, code.
- James Hong, Jonathan Raymond, Joel Shackelford. EdiSense: A Replicated Datastore for IoT Data. paper, code.
- Wei Wei, Yanlei Zhao. SGFS: Simplified Google File System. paper, code.
- Arpad Kovacs, Alex Grover. A Secure, Peer-to-Peer File Locker System. paper, code.
- Pradeep Kumar Vijay, Pedro Ullises Cuevas Berrueco. Highly Available In-Memory Metadata Filesystem using VR. paper, code.
- Philip Zhuang, Yinglei Wang. Orisync Usability Improvement. paper, code.
- Rose Perrone, Devon Rifkin, Ian Walsh. SeedyN: Safely Delivering Content across a Network of Untrusted Peers. paper, code.
- Elmer Le, Abhay Manandhar, Rob Stephensen. Implementing Web-cache using consistent Hashing. paper, code.
- Henry Corrigan-Gibbs, Riposte: An anonymous messaging System
Handling Millions of Users,
none paper, code.
Oakland paper instead of the class project version.