- The latest release of bochs (2.11) seems to have a bug that causes
it to hang on a triple fault. This may make your life difficult when
implementing the VM system. Thus, you might want to install a CVS
snapshot of bochs, for instance bochs-20040926.
- Alternatively, you can download bochs-2.11 from the bochs
- Unpack as before:
% gzip -dc bochs-2.1.1.tar.gz | tar xf -
% cd bochs-2.1.1
- If you installed bochs-2.1.1, you may wish to apply this patch, which is required to get
bochs to compile on OpenBSD. To apply the patch, run:
% patch -p1 < bochs-2.1.1.patch
Hmm... Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
Patching file logio.cc using Plan A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 514.
The patch does not apply to the CVS version.
- Configure and build bochs as follows
% ./configure --enable-disasm \
--enable-debugger --enable-x86-debugger \
--enable-iodebug --enable-instrumentation \
--enable-new-pit --disable-reset-on-triple-fault \
--enable-4meg-pages --enable-pae --enable-global-pages \
checking build system type... i386-unknown-openbsd3.5
checking host system type... i386-unknown-openbsd3.5
checking target system type... i386-unknown-openbsd3.5
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: creating ltdlconf.h
cd iodev && make libiodev.a
- As with the other packages, install the software with make install.