Department of Computer Science
353 Serra Mall
Stanford, CA 94305
I am a fifth year Ph.D. student in
the Department of Computer
Science at Stanford
University. Before this, I was at
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
where I graduated in 2009, with a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Computer Science and Engineering.
I am broadly interested in Computer Networks and Secure Systems. I
have worked with the following professors on diverse projects in the
above areas: David
McKeown, and Amin
Scholar page has links to many of these papers (except probably
the latest ones).
Tiny Packet Programs for low-latency network control and monitoring
Millions of Little Minions: Using Packets for Low Latency Network Programming and Visibility
with Mohammad Alizadeh, Yilong Geng, Changhoon Kim, and David Mazières.
SENIC: Scalable NIC for End-Host Rate Limiting (NSDI'14);
NicPic: Scalable and Accurate End-Host Rate Limiting (HotCloud'13);
with Sivasankar Radhakrishnan, Yilong Geng, George Porter, Abdul Kabbani, and Amin Vahdat.
I know what your packets did last hop: Using Packet Histories to Troubleshoot Networks
Where is the debugger for my Software-Defined Network?
with Nikhil Handigol, Brandon Heller, David Mazières, and Nick McKeown.
Libra: Divide and Conquer to Verify Forwarding Tables in Huge Networks
with Hongyi Zeng, Shidong Zhang, Fei Ye, Mickey Ju, Junda Liu, Nick McKeown, and Amin Vahdat.
EyeQ: Practical Network Performance Isolation at the Edge (NSDI'13);
EyeQ: Practical Network Performance Isolation for the Multi-tenant Cloud (HotCloud'12);
Hypervisor based Datacentre wide Network Provisioning (Eurosys'12 poster);
with Mohammad Alizadeh, Changhoon Kim, Albert Greenberg, David Mazières, and Balaji Prabhakar.
Leveraging SDN layering to systematically troubleshoot
with Brandon Heller, Colin
Scott, Nick McKeown, Scott Shenker, Andreas Wundsam, Hongyi
Zeng, Sam Whitlock, Nikhil Handigol, James McCauley,
Kyriakos Zarifis, Peyman Kazemian.
Reproducible Network Experiments Using Container-Based Emulation (CoNEXT'12);
with Brandon Heller, Nikhil Handigol, Bob Lantz, and Nick McKeown.
Works in Progress
Fairness & efficiency in network performance isolation
with Mohammad Alizadeh, Ragavendran Gopalakrishnan, Srinivas Narayana, Abdul Kabbani, and Balaji Prabhakar.
Lightweight Time Dilation for high speed network experiments
with Antonin Bas, and Nick McKeown.
Software / Data
- Mininet: A network emulator on your laptop.
- EyeQ: Network performance isolation for the datacentre.
- NetSight: Troubleshooting networks with packet histories.
- Libra: Datasets that we used to check network invariants on large networks (coming soon!).
- SENIC: Software/hardware prototype for the SCalable Ethernet NIC project.
Each of these talks on a topic is slightly different. I am listing them all
so you can see how the work evolved and matured. If you want to skip all that,
the conference talks are probably the ones you should see.
- EyeQ related talks.
- Group talk, March 2011 (earliest)
- Group talk, April 2011 (pdf)
- Windows Azure (internship talk), September 2011
- Group talk, January 2012 (pptx)
- SEDCL CTO forum, February 2012 (pptx)
- HotCloud, May 2012 (video+slides)
- Stanford security lunch, February 2013 (pptx)
- Twitter, March 2013 (pptx)
- NSDI, April 2013 (video+slides)
- Insieme Networks, April 2013 (now part of Cisco)
- Security Forum, April 2013 (pptx)
- Netseminar, May 2013, (video)
- Tiny Packet Programs (Active Ain't Bad):
- Network debugging:
- Network measurement
- Skype tunneling for evading censorship
Photographs and Cooking
I am also fascinated by visualisation and love solving
problems. With my new Canon EOS Rebel T1i and a couple of lenses, I am
also trying out photography with help from my
friend Vaibhav, who frequently
goes on trips to scenic places.
Here are some shots:
If you find this colour scheme familiar, I borrowed it
from Prof. Don
My room-mate Ananth Raghunathan.
An Old Publication
- Novel SAT-based Peak Dynamic Power Estimation for Digital Circuits;
Shyamala K, Vimalkumar J, and Kamakoti V;
JOLPE Vol. 5 No. 4 December 2009.
IF IF = THEN THEN THEN = ELSE ELSE ELSE = IF
In chronological order:
Last Updated: 27 April 2014