Warning: This site was abandoned in February, 2014.
Stephen M. Rumble
I work mainly on the following projects:
I also used to work to varying degrees on the following:
Nobody is perfect, especially academics. So before I try to impress you with my obligatory publication list, let's look at things that went not so well.
- Refereed Conferences and Journals
- Lagar-Cavilla A, Whitney JA, Bryant R, Patchin P, Brudno M, de Lara E, Rumble SM, Satyanarayanan M, Scannell A.
"SnowFlock: Virtual Machine Cloning as a First-Class Cloud Primitive".
In ACM Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS) Volume 29 Issue 1, February 2011
- Refereed Workshops
- Rumble SM, Ongaro D, Stutsman S, Rosenblum M, Ousterhout JK.
"It's Time for Low Latency".
In the Proceedings of the Thirteenth Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS 2011)
- Rumble SM, Stutsman R, Levis P, Mazières D, Zeldovich N.
"Apprehending Joule Thieves with Cinder".
In the Proceedings of the First ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Networking, Systems, Applications on Mobile Handhelds (MobiHeld 2009)
- Unrefereed Publications and Technical Reports
- Ousterhout JK, Agrawal P, Erickson D, Kozyrakis C, Leverich J, Mazières D, Mitra S, Narayanan A, Ongaro D, Parulkar GM, Rosenblum M, Rumble SM, Stratmann E, Stutsman R
"The Case for RAMCloud".
In Communications of the ACM, July 2011
- Ousterhout JK, Agrawal P, Erickson D, Kozyrakis C, Leverich J, Mazières D, Mitra S, Narayanan A, Parulkar GM, Rosenblum M, Rumble SM, Stratmann E, Stutsman R.
"The Case for RAMClouds: Scalable High-Performance Storage Entirely in DRAM".
In SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, 43(4):92-105, 2009.
Stuff and Junk
Here are a few little utilities that Stanfordites/SCPDers may find useful:
- scpd_scrape.py - Log into SCPD's myvideosu and dump all of the video urls. Useful for dumping streams for later viewing, especially in light of the fact that urls are taken down so quickly after each quarter. Last used during Spring Quarter, 2009. May need tweaks in the future.
- scpd_scrape.awk - Turn scpd_scrape.py output into a list of mplayer commands to grab SCPD video streams.
Past and Present